Sunday, April 06, 2008

Jim and I spent the afternoon working in the yard today.  Jim drained, scrubbed and re-filled the pond.  Look at that smile - there is a guy who is proud of his pond!
In other news, the kids will be happy to know that I finally took the plunge and spent that $10 on lottery tickets.  (mumber the $10 I found when I was bicycling to work about 5 years ago?)  I was so excited!  I bought 2 tickets with that $10.  The first one was the Detroit Tiger lottery.  With their record so far this year, I guess I shoulda known - I was skunked with that one.  But the other lottery ticket was a winner!  I won 4 times!  4 $5 wins!  So, I used that $20 to buy 4 more of those tickets.  I thought, what the heck?!  It was so easy to win that first time, so I got 4 more, thinking this could provide lots of fun!  Well, it turned out to be not so much fun - I got a quadruple skunk!  Oh well, it was very exciting while it lasted and it benefits education in Michigan.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

geez! It's about time you spent that. You had 3 kids eying that $10 bill and you were in NO HURRY. Congrats?

Nice picture too! Great exposure!