Saturday, December 06, 2008

Snow, snow, snow!  We have lots of snow in the forecast.  Every day for the next 8 days, they're forecasting lake effect snow.  Jim, Marais and I went for a lovely walk this afternoon.  This picture was taken after the walk.  I was hoping to catch some video of Marais rolling and frolicking in the snow, but she just kept looking at us like, "c'mon - lets get inside!"  She has certainly done her share of frolicking in the snow these past few days!

In other family news, Matt called us on Monday night.  He was out with his friends and one of them was doing soccer-like tricks with a ball of icy-snow and lost control of the ball.  In a freak accident, the "ball" hit Matt in the mouth and cut his lip.  It wouldn't stop bleeding, so they took him to the ER and he got 3 stitches in his lip.  We talked to him on iChat but just didn't have the heart to take a picture for everyone to see.  It was swollen, but probably not as bad as what Jett is going thru.  Matt said he was supposed to return in 5 days to get his stitches out, so I guess that would be today.  

Thats about it from here.  Love to all!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

faaaacebook! Cute picture!

Looks pretty down there-- can't wait to come home in 2 weeks!!!

nan said...

2 weeks? YAHOO! for the Ratbun family, all together! For being so far apart in miles, you sure get it together. Family is a good thing.

JimR said...

I wish I didn't have my Cub Scout hat on! Actually I love that hat and I'm glad it's in the picture.

Sally said...

Oh no! Another injury. I bet it will be all better by Christmas, and at least you didn't lose any teeth. How great. Everyone home for Christmas at the Rathbun's. I love your cubbie hat, Jim.
"On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight."
Yes, that's you, Jim

JimR said...

Not to be too picky, but the cub scout law is:


I, __________Promise to do my best,
to do my duty,
to God and My Country.
To help other people,
and to obey the Law of the Pack.